DALIM ES rises to the top at the Henry Stewart NY 2017 Great DAM Bake OffJuly 17, 2017 2:38 pm
Panel of judges and vast majority of the audience concurs that DALIM ES performed exceptionally well as a Digital Asset Management application
DALIM SOFTWARE (www.dalim.com), makers of highly efficient, scalable software solutions for the creation, production and management of cross-media content, announces that DALIM ES performed exceptionally well in the recently concluded Great DAM Bake Off at the Henry Stewart NY 2017 conference.
The Great DAM Bake Off, conducted annually during the Henry Stewart NY conference, is a forum to provide attendees with succinct, comparative presentations on the latest digital asset management solutions. Attendees helped crown the “2017 Tastiest DAM” in a fast-paced, entertaining set of competitive demos. DAM vendors—including DALIM SOFTWARE, represented by Frédéric Sanuy Pre-Sales Solutions Manager, DALIM SOFTWARE GmbH—presented a series of short, focused demos (of the same features, so they could be compared, apples-to-apples), showing how their systems addressed specific business use cases. An expert panel of judges (Rich Carroll, Technical Consultant, IO Integration, Inc., Theresa Regli, DAM Industry Analyst & Consultant, Chief Strategy Officer, KlarisIP, and Romney Romney Whitehead, Digital Content Specialist and DAM Consultant) offered commentary. The vast majority of the approximately eighty professionals in the audience hailed DALIM ES as the clear winner.
Each company had ten minutes to present actual product demos accomplishing the following tasks:
- Ingest assets of different file formats: MP4, JPG, IDD, PDF, etc.: Sanuy showed how these files, as well as 3D files, could be easily and quickly imported in a drag-and-drop process. One of the demo files was 1Gb in size. The other demonstrators showed files that were only about 20Mb in size.
- Search for text and metadata in these assets, including specific terms on the fly: Beyond the specific keyword search, DALIM ES was easily able to ingest XML data and search metadata. They could even create and place images into a named folder.
- Render and transform assets into different file formats: DALIM ES resized assets and created a PDF file of a contact sheet.
- Relate assets to one another (in various ways): Assets were imported directly into DALIM ES and metadata was customized on the fly for use in different, related ways.
- Preview assets (in various ways): DALIM ES was the only solution to show and annotate video. It also imported and previewed a multi-page PDF file, viewed it as an e-book, and searched text. Two 3D files were compared, and PowerPoint files were marked up.
- Publish the assets to various channels, such as social media, print, etc.: Sanuy demonstrated the ability to use ES to drive content in social media as well as developing a WordPress website. On the WordPress home page, using DALIM ES, he quickly and automatically changed images. Video assets were also used in different media.
- Focus on a feature/capability that is truly unique to the company’s offering: Sanúy showed that DALIM ES was far more than an asset-sharing application. He was able to start a project directly from an asset folder. A retouching request was made, and a workflow automatically created. Assets were shared with a review expiration date.
“Most people today are looking to a DAM to provide more and more features serving more and more media channels,” remarks Sanuy. “I believe that we were able to demonstrate high-level professionals that DALIM ES can do all this, while also driving the workflow process. We were able to meet with many people at our booth after the Bake Off and hope that this will be the starting point for a number of powerful installations in the future.”
Categorised in: General News